BuildYourBiz is a site created by local Boston Technology community leaders and technology business owners. The great content and success factors covered are a collaboration of many technology leaders including John Ross, Dan Stolts, Tommy Patterson, Blain Barton, James Quick and others. Together, These experts as well as other technology experts and business owners will help you build your business on free Microsoft resources. This site and project was put together to help people start and build their business. BuildYourBiz will teach business owners, consultants, technologists and students how they can leverage technology to build their business. This will include many tips, tricks and resources available to help start, build and grow your business.
The scope is not just limited to technology. As many have found, it takes much more than good technology to build a business. It takes the right kind of thinking, reliable infrastructure, good people, lots of skills in all areas of business and more. Over time, all aspects of business will be covered. BuildYourBiz will initially focus on startups and students but many of the same resources are available for non-startup business. In the coming months, BuildYourBiz will expand to help mature and even big businesses grow and improve not only from the use of technology but also business best practices. These lessons will come in the form of website content, online webcast, face-to-face meetings, business summits, live education events, live networking events and the like.
Some of the program topics to be covered include:
- Need Software For Your New Business? BizSpark offers Free Help NOW Introduction to BizSpark, How to Get the Most Out of BizSpark
- Activate Your BizSpark Account (Robert)
- Activate MSDN Windows Azure Account from BizSpark (Dan)
- Build Your Business on Windows Azure – Getting Started Step By Step (Dan)
- Becoming An Entrepreneur – Build Your Business While You Build Your Career (Dan)
- Build Your Business Build Your Website – How To (Dan)
- Build Your Business – First Server Domain (Dan)
- Build Your Business – The Power Of Blogging (Dan)
- Build Your Business – Server Remote Desktop, File Shares, Etc (Tommy)
- Build Your Business – Server Backup – Super Important (Dan)
- Boost Your Technology Career with Windows Azure – Getting Started (Tommy)
- Running Your NEW Business on BizSpark (Blain)
- BizSpark Leveraging Cloud Services (Blain)
- Build Your Business – Remote Work Files (Dan)
- Build Your Business – Development Platform (James)
- Build Your Business – First Application Games (James)
- Build Your Business – First Business Application (James)
- Build Your Business – It can happen to you! (Blain/Tommy/Dan)
- Build Your Business – Strategic Partnerships (Dan)
- Build Your Business – Leveraging Community (Blain/Dan)
- Build Your Business on Office 365 (Blain)
- Build Your Business – Domain Selection and Registration (Dan/Tommy)
- Build Your Business – Search Results – Get Clicked! (Dan)
- Build Your Career – The Road To Certification and Accreditation (Blain)
The bulk of the initial content will focus on technology and in particular free resources available to businesses. The target audience will be business owners that want to get their hands dirty and do the work themselves. That is, you will be given Step-By-Step instructions anyone (including those not technically savvy) can follow. However, technologically savvy people and even technology professionals will also find the simple but quick format to be easy to follow and increase productivity in deployment greatly.
Save this site and visit regularly!!!